Wednesday 4 June 2014

32. OF CARDS, TAGS AND.. (VERY WORD-HEAVY)

Oh my, oh my. It's June already! Which means, we are another month closer to the #AjulDeeWedding and.. It's finally really sinking in that I am going to officially be someone's wife in a little over a 100 days more!

I'm excited, nervous and very worried. Why worried, you ask? Well, perfectionist (and unfortunately OCD) me, is just excruciatingly paranoid that some things might not go as planned. Of course, me being me, I am not a fan of last minute changes. But, sigh - I should really stop worrying. Is this normal? Are these the kind of jitters you BTBs would get at least 3 months before your Big Day?

Anyway, with all that being said, I am now going to share 3 major things with you! 2 of which, has slapped the whole kahwin reality to my face recently.

Here goes..

#1. WEDDING INVITES (plus review on vendor)

Yes, my invites are ready yawwwww! It's a tad too early, yes. But that's only because we do not wish to make multiple trips to JB during Ramadhan. Penat seh! And the main reason would be the fact that I will be travelling a lot these few months, so time would surely not be on my side.

So, my card was ready much earlier than expected. It was supposed to be ready by 15 June, and it was ready 2 weeks earlier than the said date! Which vendor, you're asking? You'd be surprised.

(Nothing fancy, nor nothing branded like those popular dan panas card makers on Facebook, definitely.)

Initially, I did want to DIY my invites but unfortunately, I had zero extra time (and very limited patience) to design it. What more source for vendors who can provide me the greatest bulk of discount for 700 cards! So, I gave up and decided to drag my parents to JB for Plan B. We had already initially planned to head to Angsana to look for flowers and some other DIY items, and most fortunately, decided to walk in to this bridal store on the ground floor.

On the outside, it looks an absolute mess, to be honest. Flowers and other kahwin things were strewn everywhere across the shop. I was skeptical at first. However, I decided to go against my principle of judging books by their covers. One thing that certainly attracted me was the new sofa set (for the pelamin, I would think) as well as a few of the bridal gowns that were being displayed out front.

Nothing to do with me, I know, but masuk je luh.. And I'm glad I did. The owner of the store, Kak Hajjad, was a really nice lady. She was pushy, but that was her style. It's business after all, right?

She had two huge catalogs - no, wait.. I wouldn't call them catalogs because they were HUGE the size of a wedding album. How apt. So, she had these two huge albums which were filled with card design samples and it made me a little spoilt for choice. She kept suggesting I take my time, as she also had another customer she had to attend to (whom, I have to mention, is so rude that she just barged in and interrupted while I was having a discussion with Kak Hajjad).

My choice had to be something simple yet sophisticated, and one that matches my "White Wedding" theme. Well, I ended up leaving the decision to my Dad and yes, he picked an expensive one but damn, it was just what I wanted!

We made a quick deposit and of course, Kak Hajjad was so nice to give us a bulk discount for our 700 cards, and she was also easy on the deposit scheme. She told us to wait for her staff to drop me an email for confirmation of artwork - simple as that. And we walked out with a huge sigh of relief!

Now, the thing is, a few days later, I actually happened to read (somewhere and I really can't remember where) on someone who blogged about a bad experience with Kak Hajjad. At that point, I was beginning to get worried and honestly, had a tinge of regret placing my order there. But, it was only fair that I wait for my turn to judge. So, I did.

Kak Hajjad did inform me the steps clearly when we placed our orders, i.e to text her twice every week in order to get status updates. Which was exactly what I did. And boy, was she prompt. She had all answers ready for all my queries. Of course, I was extra jumpy after reading a bad review regarding my own wedding vendor!

Then, about 2.5 weeks after communication on status updates with Kak Hajjad, an email came in my inbox and I was surprised at how quick everything was! There were a few spelling mistakes in the artwork, but it was not to be blamed because my handwriting probably wasn't clear enough but other than that, I FELL IN LOVE. (And they were actually very quick to amend all the mistakes and additional info I needed to pitch in.)

The front looks something like this:
And this literally made me go like.. I'M GETTING MARRIED?! Hurhur.

For me, I would recommend Kak Hajjad Rohani to you, if you're not particular about first impressions or if you like something quick and sort of user-friendly, I should say? Yes. Her store is right smack in the middle section of Angsana's mall, towards the right. You have to walk past sort of like a donut cafe (I think?) before you come to it. In all due respect, you won't miss it cause it's a fairly messy store but with that kind of great service, everything else is forgiven! :D

#2. WEDDING TRAY TAGS (plus review on vendor)

Okay, kiasu (and OCD) me rushed to get these ready rather quickly. Because I have already decided on how my dulangs are gonna look like, I approached my vendor to have my tray tags look 100% like it!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LUH GAISE! Especially the little sparkle at the top. Okay, it was actually not meant to be like that but something happened to the initial design during the printing and so, my vendor was really very kind to add the little jewel sticker thing on all of the tags.

And voila!

If you're interested to know who did this fantastic job for me, please visit @tweexislittlebooth on Instagram and you will be blown away with all of her designs and ideas! She is very prompt in her responses to me, and I would assume the same for all her other customers.

And no, don't get me wrong - I am not doing any advertising on her behalf. Hahaha.

Yet another slap to my face that THE DAY IS ALMOST NEAR!

#3. DEEWONGFMS
Ladies and gentlemen (Chehhhhh step mana punya speech, and I'm not sure if any gentlemen actually do read this? LOL!), I have unofficially launched my freelance makeup services and have been actively promoting it on Facebook and Instagram of late.

Dee Wong Freelance Makeup Services/DeeWong FMS

I have been contemplating for a loooooong time whether or not I should make this public, despite my partner and close friends pushing me. And I finally succumbed to it. The main reason why I didn't want to initially was because.. Well, because I'm so kental like that. I lack confidence, to be straight up.

BUT SYUKUR ALHAMDULILLAH, dengan rezeki yang Allah SWT beri, responses have been good so far!

Just for your information, I do provide makeup & styling services for various events and have recently done private shoots as well. I am open to more opportunities, if you would allow me to. For business enquiries, please do not hesitate to drop me an email at deewongfms@gmail.com :)

Wow, that was really a lot of words, huh. Guess I should stop here, and till next time!

Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment