Friday 9 May 2014

31. OF BLING RINGS & SHOES

WARNING: Wordy post alert!

My partner and I have spent almost every recent weekend shopping for what is left for our dulang items. And finally, as strange a combination as it may sound, we have managed to get our rings and shoes! YAHOOOOOO! Okay, these are two of the more expensive items amongst all the other items and that's why I'm just so finally relieved that it's been settled!

So, we went to Orchard the other day, with the intention to take a look at my dress for my company's annual D&D (which I didn't buy eventually because I couldn't decide what to wear). After having roamed the entire town from Somerset to Orchard, we ended up meeting up with Andy from Exquisite Titanium - a franchise producing only titanium rings.. After much consideration over the choices (which took almost an hour, going back and forth with this and that), we decided on a simple band for him!

Now, I was actually having a hard time looking for titanium rings for him because they were all still within my budget, but on the high end. So, when I found Andy, I immediately thought: THIS IS IT!

Cantik kan?

After that, we decided to collect my ring. Oh, we did already purchase it in advance but it just needed some alteration. The standard smallest size is 6, from what they told me - but I'm a..

FRIGGIN' 2.5!

Okaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy, that's tiny, isn't it? I didn't know it was THAT extreme, really. But, it was no surprise to my partner who even guessed my size right the entire time! Hats off to him, the deserving love of my life! I've always, always had a problem finding good sizes for my rings mainly because I have really small and slim fingers. Macam skeleton gitu luh, orang kata. WHICH IS OFFENSIVE K, FYI.

But that aside, when I tried it on (myself - I didn't want him to put it on for me yet!), it was a little tight on the knuckle but bila dah resting on my finger.. DIA BERPUSING 360 DEGREES SEH! Pathetic or what, Dee Wong. Pakai dawai je luh bagus. Hurhur.
But alhamdulillah, I managed to find a ring I like in my size and is within my partner's budget. :)

Next, we went to town on another weekend with my colleague and her husband. We had dinner at IndoBox at ION Orchard. Food was exceptional, but better than Bali Thai, I feel. If you happen to want to patronize there, try the beef rendang!

After dinner, my colleague and I went ahead to look for our D&D dresses and somehow (don't ask how) we ended up in Aldo. Kebetulan, they were having a promotion - spend $250 and get $50 off the total bill! So, apa lagi? SERBU! Hehehe.

My partner pun dah pandai nak memilih - nak 3 lobang luh, tanak pointed luh, nak shiny luh, nak ada crease cut luh, itu luh, ini luh. Ewaaaaaahhh, partner siapa ni! But, I suppose he inherited the cerewetness from me! LOL.

I let him choose whichever design he likes and of course, he inherited yet another trait of mine - MATA MAHAL! He picked the most expensive one not because of the price, but because of the comfort. Initially, he was pretty skeptical, since he's never owned an Aldo pair. But I managed to brainwash him (HAHAHAHA!) to just get it because at Aldo, you get what you pay for.

He eventually gave in to the master of shoes!

And we walked out of Aldo with 3 big bags of shoes - mine, his and my colleague's. Tak sia-sia jadi lifetime member of Aldo.

Alright, all. I will be busy with 2 weddings this weekend. And 1 more at the end of the month, so I am foreseeing a lack of updates for the rest of the month. I might also need to travel again, but that depends on how much work I get done here in Singapore!

Assalamu'alaikum! <3

4 comments:

  1. Hi sis, where is this Exquisite Titanium? do they have a shop or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! You can try Google them up and refer to their website: www.exquisite-titanium.com :)

      Delete
  2. hi, i feel u! my fingers are boney slim too very hard to find the right size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Tell me about it! Pakai cincin mainan je luh nampaknya. :P

      Delete