Wednesday 26 March 2014

27. JUST HALF

Amidst all the preparations of packing up all of our #AjulDeeWedding items into cartons, and sorting them out based on what they're for.. (Oh, wait. No, we're not going anywhere! We just needed to get more organised as all of our kahwin things were getting a little messy.)

..Here's an update on what I've been doing since my most recent proposal to my two best friends:

1) Trip to Mini Kelantan
I OFFICIALLY LOVE THIS PLACE! It is soooooo, hmmm should I say essential (?) to our #AjulDeeWedding because, as you know, we both love everything DIY so there were relatively good bits and pieces of items and materials we can use for our wedding.

So, my dad drove us up to Mini Kelantan a few Saturdays ago, and I must say it was definitely worth dragging my lazy ass at 7 in the morning for. Turn both right and left, there were shops selling pretty fabric and pretty kahwin stuff! I didn't manage to snap many pictures or even take note of the name of the store as my aunt, my mum and myself were too busy picking the right items for my wedding. But fret not, because I'll be back for more and I'll be sure to take more pictures on my next trip there!

I first proceeded to look for my dulang decorative items. There were a hell lot of different ideas and styles, and I ended up getting tons of beads and ribbons, apart from the little mock rehal made out of styrofoam! Yes, I was pretty VERY jakun looking at how it could possibly look like a real rehal. Except that it was made out of styrofoam. Hurhur.

And then, we (when I say we, I meant I) splurged on this beautiful tiara which caught my eye! Although, it has not been decided which outfit I'm actually gonna pair it with.. We'll see. Teehee.

We then proceeded to decide on the bags for our berkats, as well as the items for my bunga telur, bunga manggar, and sirih dara. It was all worth it, because I only spent less than a 100 SGD for like tons of items!

Walked out a very satisfied BTB indeed! :D

2) More fabric hunting
There were a few major changes so we had to get additional fabric for more outfits. As originally planned, we will be having a separate reception for each side, my place on Saturday and his on Sunday. (Insya Allah!) With that, each of us are having a total of 3 outfits per day, which means that we have a total of 6 outfits for both days!

Nothing too gaudy, no. Because we would like to wear them out again to relive our kahwin days, probably during the next 'Eid or something? Hehe.

All 3 outfits for our Saturday reception have been decided. So, we shopped around for outfit ideas for our Sunday reception and found the perfect one! Just one, yes, but that's a start. We have yet to decide on the other two. Or maybe, we'll just have 2 outfits on Sunday. One from Zuhur to Asar, and the other one from Asar to the end of reception.

Again, we'll have to see.

But, here's a sneaky peek of the one outfit that we have decided on for our Sunday reception:
3) Collection of our songket outfit
I must say, this was a tear-jerking moment for me and my partner. I could see the glimmer in my partner's eyes, when we collected our first outfit that was 100% ready and good to go!

There were some minor adjustments that needed to be done, but everything fit so well. Alhamdulillah. I was literally having tears in my eyes, while trying on my outfit. It was a feeling I can't really explain. Hmmmmm. Ni baru try baju, kalau dah pakai bajunya on the day itself macam mana agaknya eh? Emotional me, being me.

For BTBs who do not wish to take up bridal services (and non-BTBs alike, who are looking for a reliable and efficient tailor for your outfits), I would highly recommend Krsytal as your tailor. Really. The owner is a VERY nice lady, with excellent customer service. She will do anything that would meet your requirements, and will throw in significant advice to the design you have proposed to her. The workmanship that she delivers in all the clothes are just.. Perfect.

(On a separate note, I sent in my songket for my kebaya pengantin about a month before we decided to send my partner's. Another month later, we went back and guess what? BOTH WERE READY! Yes, both! I literally sprang up from my seat and said, BOTH DAH SIAP?! And she calmly explained that she prioritised our outfits, sebab "ini untuk pengantin" SIGHHHHH CIK, WHY YOU SO SWEET!)

Plus, they're VERY affordable and that's a plus plus plus point for those who are not intending to splurge on outfits.

4) Getting started on the dulangs
This is my favorite part, although it can be a bit tedious and time-consuming..
The basic colors of my dulangs For Him, and will you just look at the items I grabbed from Daiso! Tak ke gila aku ni? Hahaha.

Well, that is all for now. Till the next significant update, insya Allah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment