Friday 28 February 2014

26. SHE SAID YES, AND HE DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE!

About a decade ago, I got together with two people who came from two completely different worlds. Essentially, they became my best friends. And just the other day, they agreed to be a huge part of the #AjulDeeWedding. (Note: Sorry for the poor quality of photos - we were hanging out at Woodlands Waterfront, and those of you who have been there would know how dimly lit the place is!)

MY BEST MAN
Ahmad has always been the smart and rational one. He always knows his stuff at the back of his hand, and will always crack the best jokes despite his nerdy/geeky self. He has seen me through my best teenage times, and of course, my worse. Time and time again, he picked me up when I was having doubts. Basically, he is the elder brother I have always wanted.

To my only male best friend, thank you for everything you've done for me for at least the past decade. From picking me up from work, sending me home, teasing me about how lame my love life was when we both know I need a good laugh, for having meals with me when I felt lonely, for encouraging me that I'm not the only one who has failed in love, and for always, always reminding me that I need to live life without looking back.

(As always, emotional me getting rather emotional now.)

In a few months' time, I will be a wife to the man I truly love. And in a few months' time, you will be sharing my special day with me, in a way that I can never thank you enough for. But forever, we will always be the best of friends, just like we have been through all these years. May Allah bless our friendship till the end of time, insya Allah.

MY MAID OF HONOR
Jex. (Just three letters, and I'm already tearing.)

Even a gazillion words would not be enough for me to talk about her. We have been through enough to be able to read each other like a book. She's seen me cry over the many things I used to cry about, she's seen me fall and laughs at me but then picks me right back up, and she's even seen me survive the worse times of my teenage life. It's like we've known each other forever, as she becomes the sister I have always wanted.

To my one and only female best friend, I just want to say a million thanks. For all that you are, and for all that you have been. From the times when we had our childish quarrels, to the times when we spent every single day after school together - I have never regretted a single moment with you. For keeping my deepest, darkest secrets, for not judging me no matter what I do, and for being my best and and most truest friend.. Thank you.

Even though we are of different religions, believing in and praying to completely different Gods, still, I'd never trade our friendship for anything else in this world. Thank you for always keeping me in your prayers, as I have kept you in mine. Not too long from now, you will be sharing my happiest & most special moment with me, and I pray that we will share many more of those kind of moments together. I wanna grow old with you, remember?

I pray God blesses our relationship till the end of time.

Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment