Thursday 20 February 2014

25. SE7EN

Without a doubt, time is flying by at full speed and before we know it, we are only exactly seven months away today! And sooner or later, kejam kelip, 7 months will turn into 7 weeks.. And then 7 days, and soon just 7 hours or 7 minutes! Thinking about that makes me nervous and excited, all at the same time!

But, insya Allah, all will be fine. :)

Since I have some time, here's a little heads up for you BTBs on the planning schedule, up to 4 months prior to the wedding!

8 months before

  • Survey on wedding rings/bands
  • Start a discussion on your honeymoon plans with your partner - come up with a consensus based on both your budgets, and where you would really really like to go (Side note: I would personally splurge on my dream honeymoon, as compared to having a grand wedding!)
  • Determine both your dulang hantaran items, and decide who exactly is going to do it (Note: If it is DIY, I'm sure I've mentioned before that it is always good to start early, in any case you need to make any alterations and stuff.)
  • Start selecting all your outfits. If you are planning to have them tailored, start sending your fabric to the tailor of your choice (Note: Be aware of tailor shops that will close during local public holidays, and also the period when they will stop taking orders due to Hari Raya! You would not want to miss the "cut-off date" for sure!)

7 months before

  • Start thinking of, if not determining, your berkats to distribute to your guests (Note: I'm still thinking of mine, so if you do have any ideas for me, I would welcome them anytime!)
  • If your future in-laws are staying pretty far away from you, start discussing on transport arrangements for the event day, unless of course, you are doing a combined reception
  • Decide on the color theme for your family members to don during your reception (Side note: Can't wait to see my family members wearing my favorite color on my special day!)

6 months before

  • Send your invites out for printing, and get your Save-The-Dates ready
  • Get your Maid of Honor/Best Man/Bridesmaids' outfits ready
  • Start redecorating your bridal room (Note: If you need to paint, you should already start deciding on the color.)

5 months before

  • Register your marriage at ROMM (As we know, they are able to do it exactly 150 days before the said date. So, if you already have a kadi of your choice, you better be fast or he'll be taken before you know it!)
  • Refer to your checklist and ensure that you have all the major, most important items as well as the nitty gritty stuff confirmed and checked - invites, wedding cake, decor, hand bouquet (if any), caterer, etc.
  • Settle all pending payments and ensure that you have no outstanding deposits for the packaged items on your list

4 months before

  • Determine who will be your wali/wakil/saksi, and get the necessary documents ready before the interview with the Kadi
  • Arrange the trial makeup session with your MUA
  • Ensure that most, if not all, of your dulang hantaran items are ready
Well, I'm no expert in this, but I sure do hope this helps in one way or another. Insya Allah.

On another note, remember how I said my Dad "lost the battle" over where the majlis should be held? Well, apart from letting him choose the entire menu for the reception, I entrusted him with the design for my invites! And thankfully (THANKFULLY!), he picked a simple and decent design! Still, it was the more expensive range!

Guess it runs in the family, this mata mahal thing. Hurhur.

No comments:

Post a Comment