Thursday 28 November 2013

12. TWO YEARS AGO

Okay, so I mentioned here just yesterday, about being on panic mode when I finally realised then that I had about 300 days to my wedding. I relaxed a little after bragging about my not-so fantastic progress, which was a probable excuse to make myself feel better. And today, I was scouring through BTB blogs and boy, I am in panic mode once more.

Firstly, 2015 BTBs have started making their choice of bridal.. And some have even made bookings! *insert emoji yang muka biru+kuning, mata putih & tangan pat pipi* Tak ke panic aku?! Hmmmm, let me see what I was doing 2 years ago.. AKU WAS NOT EVEN ENGAGED TO MY PARTNER SEH. Hahahahaha. And as if that was not enough, I read something somewhere about someone wanting to make bookings with Kasai Sayang for her wedding in January 2016. TWENTY SIXTEEN LUH GAISE. I can't even..

Okay, maybe for something as big as KS, it would be a big deal to secure a booking with them early. And I even heard from my SIL's future SIL, that they threw in a lot of freebies in their package for her wedding (coming June+July next year, insya Allah). Itu pun, she only made prior bookings only less than a year before her wedding. Two years eh.. Wow, I'm amazed.

Anyways, I'm a little upset that I haven't gotten a response from my Anis & Din ever since they came back from Haji. I did previously mention that they would be contacting us lepas balik Haji (here). I have been bugging my uncle to give Cik Din (or Haji Din now) a call, but he was literally saying "Tunggu luh.. Tunggu. Nanti dia call." - I wish I have the balls to actually pick up the phone and give them a call myself.



Takkan dia lupa kan? Sekali dia lupa eh? HOW LIDDAT. Okay.... Maybe it's just me, after having read about all those BTBs who have had their venue & decor/catering booked more than a year in advance. So, I should stop reading and start praying that they will call my uncle soon.

(Sidetrack sikit luh kan, for those of you who are wondering asal nak kene rely on my pakcik for my own wedding vendors' call. Well, the thing is.. My favorite cousin's wedding is just two weeks before mine! I don't know if that is a good thing or not, but I hope both our majlis-es will run smoothly, just the way we want it to. And because of that, we are using the same vendor for our weddings to avoid disappointment and endless comparison amongst the most KPO makcik quarters. So, my uncle was actually the one who called and booked the dates for me and my cousin! But the only thing that makes me a little uneasy is serving the exact same food to our family & friends, in a short span of 2 weeks. Yes, we share the same circle of friends to add on to that! Hahahahaha. Ya Allah, can this life get more interesting?)

Insya Allah, may all go smoothly from here on out. Dah book decor/catering, aku dah lega sikit.

An hour and a half before I knock off - back to work, Dee Wong!

We are 296 days away..
May Allah ease our journey with endless blessings.
Amin, insya Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment