Thursday 11 September 2014

34. TRIPLE COMBO


It has been such a looooooooong, tiring but beautiful weekend. Unfortunately, I fell sick last Friday - with the fever, cough and flu combo. Sigh. Of all times, falling sick 2 weeks before the wedding is not a nice thing at all. However, I feel myself getting better.

Not exactly sure where I got the virus from, though. I think it might probably be what they call the pengantin jitters that caused it. I mean, now that I have time to actually breathe from all the planning I used to stress about.

Tanpaku sedari, airmataku mengalir bila tengok calendar lagi 10 days to the wedding! Not funny eh, 10 days left till the Big Day! I mean, not that I'm complaining, but it's making me nervous. I'll get random nervous breakdowns every now and then, and I'll be texting my MOH or BM to heave it off my chest. They always say, KEEP CALM AND GET MARRIED. But..

Hehehe. Yupp, I just have to put this up. And I'm sure most BTBs here would agree with me, that the nerves might be a little overwhelming for us. I mean, it might not be felt so soon for some but for others like me.. Entah luh eh. I just can't imagine how my partner is feeling at this moment. We have kickstarted our pantang period of 2 weeks, and it's only the third day...

Anyway, my weekend was dedicated to my cousin's wedding! Yes, we actually had a discussion about our wedding dates way before hand because both of us wanted to get married in September but we obviously did not want to end up having it on the same day!

So, he initially wanted to have it on the weekend that I wanted. But he gave in (SO SWEET KAN!) since I told him that I had a significant date that I wanted to celebrate with my soon-to-be husband. Chehhhhhhh. :P

Here are some photos during my weekend. Alhamdulillah, the event ran smoothly.

Anyways.. Just a little tip for BTBs for when you are a few days away from your wedding:

1. Breathe, girl!
It's important for you to take deep breaths when you feel yourself getting worked up about something. Trust me, it is never a good thing to suddenly freak out when you're just 2 weeks away from your wedding. Even if something is going wrong, DON'T PANIC!

Take a few steps back, and take a deep breath. Settle it in the calmest way possible, and insya Allah, it will work out in the end. Don't overreact over small issues - it might turn into a huge one before you even know it!

2. Wear very minimal, or no makeup at all!
This will never happen for me, as my job actually requires me to put on makeup. (HUGE SIGH) Nevertheless, for you lucky BTBs out there who don't require to, try going out with a bare faced once in awhile. Allow your skin to breathe, and stick to your usual skincare regime.

Avoid trying new products if you have sensitive skin, as it might lead to a breakout without you knowing. Take very, very good care of your skin.

Also, as a freelance makeup artist myself, I would strongly advice you to ice your face once in awhile - especially in the mornings. This would help to reduce any puffiness. Simply take a cube of ice and massage it around certain areas of your face; namely, your under eye area (where our eyebags usually terserlah), the highest points of your cheeks, in between your eyebrows and your chin.

3. Check and double check with your vendors on the arrangements for your Big Day!
We've heard of naughty wedding vendors who turn out to be rather difficult to work with, in one way or another. So, just in case (who the hell knows, right), please do a final thorough check with your vendors to ensure that everything is in place and that they have got everything under control for your Big Day.

It's okay to appear kiasu, because it is your wedding afterall, and you would want everything to fall into place. So, don't be afraid of being a bother to any of the vendors because it is their job to answer to your queries, if any.

(At this point, I'm getting quite annoyed that my sentences are so long that I have to include multiple commas. HAHAHAHA!)

4. MULUT JAGA!
Haaaaaaa, this one will always be a reminder from our beautiful mothers kan! But, it's true luh. Just like how you have to jaga mulut bila you hamil, you also have to jaga mulut as a bakal pengantin.

I don't think I need to explain this, because it might never even end. But, it should be common sense luh kan.

5. Invest in a spa treat!
Have one with your sibings or bridesmaids - serves as an ultimate bonding time! :)

Well, that's all for now. Till the next update! Muuuuaaaahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment