Wednesday 29 January 2014

22. PLANNING THE THRONE

So, I finally managed to set aside some time to update my humble blog. I've been too busy with a hell lot of things, that I haven't even had any "me" time of late.

With me transitioning into a new role within my department, which means my workload has been expanded (but I'm not complaining). And with my partner deciding to switch professions.. Yes, he finally decided to move out of his comfort zone! Which is a good thing, actually. I mean, I have never stopped him from doing the thing he loves most nor have I ever thought about it being a bad thing. But looking at it on a long term view.. I personally think he made a maturely good choice. :)

What else have I been up to? Oh yes, of course I've been busy planning my throne for the day! I've decided to engage in Estheme Weddings for my full decor, because I am just so in love with the level of class I see in their works.

I have a few photos taken from their FB, but they might not be the best quality photos because they are usually uploaded directly via mobile.
Although I have never been a fan of pink, these just look too pretty and I especially love the dais. I managed to decide on the color theme for my decor, and it will include a tinge of pink. Pastel pink - nothing too hot or loud. *kening naik-naik*

The thing that got me worried is my oddly-shaped void deck. It looks something like this:
I'm directly above the side on our left, so I will be having the reception at that exact area. As you can see, that stretch is segregated by a flight of staircase (see striped thingy). Which means that we might have to put some tables on the other side of the staircase, which I do not like because then, it would mean people would not be able to have a clear view of us on the pelamin. (Oh, the thin rectangular things are pillars. Yes, banyak kan pillars dia! So annoyed.. Sigh!)

But the major question of all questions is..

Where in the world should I have my pelamin placed!?

I'm not considering doing it on the other side of the block, because then it would be inconvenient for my family members to go up and down our house to solat.

So, I had this discussion with Fendy from Estheme Weddings, but it was difficult to make him picture it so I managed to arrange a meetup with his team over at our place. Like they say, always let the expert do the job. ;)

Meanwhile, if any of you future/ex-BTBs who have faced the same problems & would have any suggestions on where my pelamin should be, please do leave a comment! I would really, really appreciate that!

And I shall try not to make this blog berabuk sangat, before my next update. Hurhur. The number of days are getting smaller, and thankfully, my checklist is getting shorter too!

Till next time.. Wassalam.

4 comments:

  1. How abt the middle space (which is outside the u ) is there any space? Coz if there is maybe u might want to consider having tentage just for the pelamin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, I forgot to mention that my block is surrounded by trees! Hahaha. Which makes it difficult to have an extension for my pelamin. Sigh. But thanks for your suggestion, dear! And I've added you in my list! ;)

      Delete
  2. finally got round to linking you! thanks for the link-up babe!

    ReplyDelete