Sunday 15 December 2013

18. ASSALAMU'ALAIKUM WR. WB.

I promised myself to update my kahwin blog this weekend, so here I am! I deeply apologise if my blog bores you in any way, but I'm guessing it'll get more exciting as the date draws much closer? Masih awal kan? Oh, tak eh? Hurhur. Slow and steady luh, geng. Insya Allah, things will go smoothly.

Anyway, I was invited to my beautiful ex-colleague's beautiful wedding at Furama Riverfront (Kintamani Indonesian Restaurant, Level 3) yesterevening and it was really beautiful. It was a nice sort of intimate, with only close family and friends. The ambience was great, despite the lights that were pretty dimly lit. (And honestly, the music being played made me & my partner a little sleepy!)

My partner and I were the first few to arrive. We were assigned to the priority seats very close to the pelamin, where the bride's family were seated! SO EXCITING OKAY! We were served with lime juice and the mandatory emping that you usually get if you patronize Indonesian restaurants. (If you don't know what they are, you can read here.)

Everyone was supposed to be seated by 7.30pm, but people only started streaming in at 7.30pm. Biasa luh, janji Melayu luh kan. Then again, it was raining pretty heavily that day.

(IN FACT! My partner and I were caught in the super heavy rain right before we arrived. Okay, cerita panjangnya kalau disingkatkan macam gini.. I accompanied  my partner for his football sesh earlier during the day and ended up getting caught in the rain. I was pretty upset at first, because I was all dressed up and then I had to soak my shoes in the lumpuh. HELLO, ORANG NAK PERGI WEDDING WITH LUMPUH-SOAKED SHOES!?

But then, I woke myself up and comforted myself that it wasn't his fault that it rained - yang aku nak mengamuk dengan dia dah kenapa? Furthermore, he was really patient throughout the entire ordeal of my complaining, nagging, pinpointing that we shouldn't have gone for football, etc. He shielded my head from the rain, although there was no need to because I was fully covered. He is really a hero, and I am really just proud.

Okay, so as usual, cerita pendek end up panjang juga. :\)

So, the bride and groom arrived at about 8-ish and by that time, my partner and I were already starving! And the smell from the kitchen wasn't helping at all!

Once they settled down on the pelamin, I snapped a quick photo: 
After which, they fed each other with cake and this part always makes me smile to myself. Even while watching strangers' wedding videos, my favorite part would always be the part when they feed each other. I can't put my finger on it.. I just like it. Oh, we got to eat immediately after that part was over. Teehee.
Andddddd.. The thing I ABSOLUTELY loved, were the rose petals strewn across the tables!
Macam awesome gitu luh kan? I can never deny rose petals punya effect! I am already planning to only have roses for my decor! Oh, tak eh? Hahahahai. Melampau, nyah. But, seriously, if I can get pastel-colored roses, I wouldn't mind. Masih....

Anyway, here's a picture of the pretty dais. I apologise for the poor lighting, though.
I also love the cutesy pink wedding cake, and also the color play of gold and bronze for the pelamin. *dreamy sigh*

Well, I didn't get any pictures of the food because I guess we were too hungry to even think of snapping any pictures but the food wasn't too bad. To be honest, Indonesian food wasn't really my thing so I only had bits and pieces of what was served. Everyone was complimenting on the Sup Buntut or the Ox Tail Soup, they call it. I have no idea how you guys can even.. HAHAHAHA.

Either way, all in all, I enjoyed my night at her dinner reception. Here's to wishing her a marriage filled with barakah, and may she and her husband be blessed with all things wonderful! Insya Allah.

Random, perasantan pictures of me and my partner yang muka sentiasa kopet to end the night! Goodnight, esok kerja liao. Bismillah..

No comments:

Post a Comment